You have been scarred by physical, verbal or sexual abuse and not know whom to turn to
Counseling: This is the primary activity of Vishwas. Vishwas, provides one on one counseling services to anyone who voluntarily seeks help. This service is provided at premises of the center. A volunteer assigns herself/himself to a caller. Generally sessions with a caller happen
s once a week on the same day of the week. The time is fixed with the mutual consent of the caller and counselor. When required, sessions may be more than once a week. Callers can be assured of uninterrupted counseling support from the volunteer during sessions. Confidentiality will be upheld at all times. Our training ensures that callers will not be judged by whatever they have to share.
Vishwas services are absolutely free. No fee is charged for the counseling services provided.
At Vishwas, we listen? with our minds and our hearts and in that process you find clarity in your situation. Together we evaluate options and you are empowered to deal with life. We create a safe, non-judgmental environment that will enable you to share, clarify, evaluate and finally act ?to take that one important step. We will help you make your own decisions, decisions you are comfortable with, to take control of your life once again.
We offer help and support to those who are dejected, disenchanted, disillusioned, and depressed. To those who are unable or unwilling to share their distress with those around them.
You could be one of them, if :
- You are battling the classic work-home balance and feel you can’t go on
- Your children are becoming strangers
- Your marriage or partnership has run into trouble and you cannot cope with the constant conflict
- You feel stressed by the day-to-day needs of your extended family and find no one has the time for you
- Your creativity is being lost in the chaos of a demanding job
- You feel despondent because you can’t achieve your goals
- You or a family member suffer from an illness that has drained you physically and emotionally
- You have been scarred by physical, verbal or sexual abuse and not know whom to turn to
- You have lost a loved one and can’t cope with the pain
- You are a senior citizen and can no longer be independent
Vishwas has also been proactively working towards creating a mentally healthy society. Some of our programs are
- Life skill workshop for adolescent children in schools.
- Workshops for teachers and parents on understanding children.
- Training police personnel in counseling skills.
- Helping interested groups to set up counseling centers.
- Working with ‘Mithra’ peer student support group of Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.